Saturday, October 15, 2016

Day 1 in the village

Today was an absolutely amazing day. After a delicious breakfast, we loaded up on the bus and headed to the village! As we were a few blocks away from CCLS-U, the students came running up to our bus with palm branches and big smiles on their faces yelling, "Ya, ya!" and dancing up and down. Our windows were open and we each had at least a couple of kids attached to each of our hands. It was the most indescribable feeling that I have ever had. They were so genuinely excited that we were there. Getting off the bus was a whole experience of it's own! As we stepped off the bus, we were met by a huge sea of kids yelling and dancing and grabbing our hands. I had at least ten kids attached to my arms and skirt before I even was off the bus. After we said hello to everyone, the students did a welcoming dance for us! They even invited us to come dance with them! After the opening dance was done, all of the team got to go around and tour the school, followed by a large group of kids. Once I saw the school, I hung out with some of the girls in the girls' dormitory. They did my hair and we sang and danced and talked while looking at pictures of our family. I also played futbol with some of the kiddos. It was an amazingly fun day and I can't wait to go back tomorrow!












10 comments:

  1. Your words and these pictures are beautiful! You are radiating such joy and are full of God's love in all of these pics. Those students are blessed that you're there as I know you feel blessed to be there. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words and these pictures are beautiful! You are radiating such joy and are full of God's love in all of these pics. Those students are blessed that you're there as I know you feel blessed to be there. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gave me goosebumps in a good way. This is so touching and wonderful to see through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This gave me goosebumps in a good way. This is so touching and wonderful to see through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that you are doing what you've wanted to do for such a long time. Keep following the Lord, and pursuing your goals to further His kingdom. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO COOL, Maddie!!! What an amazing experience with an amazing group of kids. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog makes me a bit "Uganda-sick". I hope it continues to be a grace filled experience.
    Pastor Meggers

    ReplyDelete
  8. So proud of you Maddie! Love and Miss you bunches! Can't wait for your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos. The photos tell the story of CCLS-U. Cherish the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great photos and a great first day! This is an amazing experience for you....one you will never forget. You look so happy, Maddie, and so do the students!

    ReplyDelete